Talking Immigration Podcast
Welcome to the Talking Immigration Podcast series, brought to you by Migrate UK, specialist immigration lawyers with over 25 years experience with UK legislation, procedures and solutions.
In this podcast series we are going to be exploring and explaining the complex and often labyrinthine rules and regulations surrounding immigration into the UK. The podcast is aimed at individuals and organisations, that need to navigate these rules and regulations to operate and work legally in the UK.
2. Recruiting Under The New Immigration Rules
In this second episode we:
- Discuss the current state of the recruitment market including how the rising war on talent has led to a candidate driven market
- Call to action to obtain a sponsor licence following the end of the freedom of movement transition period for EEA and Swiss citizens from 1st July 2021
- Sponsor licenses and compliance including tips and guidance on how to obtain plus retain a sponsor licence & your legal responsibilities as a sponsor licence holder
- Understanding the right to work checks: What are the latest updates and the common problems employers face
1. Unravelling the new immigration rules
In this first episode, we:
- Update and inform businesses and HR on immigration law changes since Brexit and in light of the March 2021 Budget & the Statement of Changes to the Immigration Rules, with changes coming into force on 6th April 2021
- Confirm how HR/employers can best prepare for these changes
- Provide information on the new Graduate immigration route and latest information relating to the proposed ‘ elite / science superstar’ visa
- Discuss the training and advice that’s available to business leaders and HR to help navigate through the complexities of the rules and changes ahead.